- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn (about 10 cups)
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breast (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, cut crosswise in half
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 green, yellow or red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup KRAFT CATALINA Dressing
- 1/3 cup PLANTERS Dry Roasted Sunflower Kernels
TOSS first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
DRIZZLE with dressing just before serving; toss lightly.
TOP with sunflower kernels.
Substitute: If you don’t have sugar snap peas, add a cut-up peeled cucumber instead. Nutrition Bonus: This crunchy main-dish salad is low in both calories and sodium. Plus it is rich in vitamin A from the lettuce and an excellent source of vitamin C from the vegetables.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 300 calories, 12g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 6g dietary fiber, 10g sugars, 33g protein, 140%DV vitamin A, 140%DV vitamin C, 8%DV calcium, 20%DV iron.
Exchange: 1/2 Starch, 2 Vegetable, 4 Meat (L), 1/2 Fat
Dietary Exchanges (or Exchange Calculations) based on Choose Your Foods: Exchange Lists for Diabetes © 2008 by the American Diabetes Association and the American Dietetic Association.