I was sent two of their locks to review, the first one was the set your own combination lock. You can set your own combination using 3 letters, numbers or both. I know when i was in highschool I always used to forget my combination and thankfully my husband Lee and I shared a locker, yup thats right he is my highschool sweetheart, so one of us always remembered the combination. But i had quite a few friends who were not quite so lucky and would find themselves locked out and havign to have their locks replaced constantly, but with the set your own combination lock from Masterlock that would not have been a problem. The lock opens with familiar right-left-right lock movement, has maximum security with anti-shim technology, and the dial clicks for max accuracy.
Setting the combination was really easy, I opened the lock with the combination provided on a piece of paper stuck to the back of the lock. Then i used the easy resetting tool, shown in the picture. You take it, insert it so that the masterlock logo is sideways, push it down all the way to the collar, turn it 90 degrees so the logo is facing you, set your combination as per the directions and then turn the tool again 90 degrees and remove it and presto your lock is set easy as can be.
The second lock we received to review was the set-your-own speed dial lock. As I already explained remembering combos sucked for me, this one would have been as equally beneficial to me and my friends, instead of having to remember numbers or even letters this one is simply directions. You set an up down left right combo of your choice for your combination. The patented technology makes this lock faster, easier and more secure then any standard lock. It too has maximum security with anti-shim technology. The combination can be reset to any number of movements in any sequence. It also comes with these cool little stickers that you can stick on over the arrows to make the lock indicators into letters, numbers, colors, shapes or symbols. My sister took this one to school since she is still in highschool and said she loves it, when she is half asleep still in the morning (she is a teenager lol I actually think she is still sleeping most of the time) she can open her lock no problems, and her friends are all super jealous and want to know where they can get one of their own.
Masterlock has also developed a cool app on facebook called Masterlock Secret Vault. With it you can share secrets and pictures safely on facebook only with those you choose. Also if you install it you will be eligible to enter a sweepstakes to win $5,000.
Buy It: If you want to buy your own set-your-own speed dial lock then you can go HERE and find the nearest retailers to you.
Masterlock wants to give one of my readers a speed dial lock of their own.
To Enter all you have to do is go to Masterlock and tell me which color you would choose. This must be done for any of your bonus entries to count, comments such as pick me or i want to win will be removed.
Bonus entries please make sure you post a separate comment for each thing, and if it says you get two entries make sure you leave two comments:
2. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway. Leave me a comment with your twitter name and a link to your tweet. (button is on the left hand side under Communicate with me)
3. Subscribe to my blogs email updates and leave a comment here telling me you do. You must verify the subscription and i will check.
4. Take my Jabbering Jessi button and put it on your blog.
5. Blog this giveaway and link it back here to me and Masterlock. Leave a comment with link to blog entry. To make it easier you can copy and paste the following – 10 extra entries (leave 10 seperate comments):
Go check out the Back 2 Blogging Bash on Jabbering Jessi. She is giving away a Speed dial combination lock from Masterlock.
6. Become a fan of Jabbering Jessi on Facebook and leave a comment that you did. (button is on the left hand side under Communicate with me)
7. If you left a comment here that you had my Back 2 Blogging bash button please leave comment here for one extra entry.
8. If you left a comment here that you were following my blog then give yourself an additional entry (on top of the one you got in bonus entry # 1) please leave a comment here.
9. Install the Masterlock Secret Vault app on Facebook for 5 extra entries (leave a seperate comment for each please).
This giveaway will end on October 9th at 11:59 PM EST at which time i will use random.org to draw for a winner. Please make sure your email address is visible in your profile, no email address no win as I have to be able to contact you. All winners will be n
otified by October 11th and will have 36 hours to respond to me before I choose a new winner. Contest is open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike. US & Canada.