The idea for safety tat was born of necessity one weekend at an amusement park. Creator Michele and her husband took their three small children there on labor day and quickly felt outnumbered. To help stave her panic she wrote her cell phone number on each of her childrens arms with a ballpoint pen. As she did this she thoughtfully explained the importance of staying close to mommy and daddy. She also told them if they were seperated the number on their arm was a way for them to reconnect. Throughout the day Michele had to write her number several times as it smeared or washed off. Several parents in the park stopped her to ask her if that was her number written on her childs arm and when she answered yes they each expressed how wonderful of an idea it was. The day was a success and the idea for Safety Tat temporary id tattoos was born.
As a mother we have gone on trips exactly as Michele has described, sheer panic at the amount of people and what if my child gets lost, now with Safety Tat I will be able to breath a little easier. Safety tat comes in all different packages you can get ones for girls, ones for boys, mixed packages, preprinted ones. The allergy ones are my personal favorite especially if you have a child with allergies going to a party or something you can put this on your child and then people will know about the allergies.
We received the Quick stick write-on tattoos in the boy/girl combo pack and they are awesome. They are waterproof, will last for up to 2 weeks if you leave them, they go on more like a sticker then a tattoo because no water is required to apply, then once you get it on you simply write your number and your done. Removing it was easy too, just get your fingernail under the edge and pull it off like a bandaid. My kids wore them and told me they did not feel “uncool” so that is a bonus.
Starting October first they will even have the following a bunch of Halloween ones available including an allergy one for your child when you go to those halloween parties.
Safety Tats prices vary from $7.99 to $58.95 depending on how many you order. These are perfect for theme parks, museums, airports, family cruises, camp, the mall, zoo, birthday parties, first day of school and scout trips. My kids are both in Boy Scouts this year and I will be suggesting to the troop leader we get these for our pack for those important Boy Scout campouts as we can personalize them with your troop # then if we lose a kid the other troops will know where he belongs.
Buy It: Head on over to Safety Tat and grab a package, these would make great gifts.
Safety Tat wants to give one of my readers one sample pack our their Quick Stick Write-On! for Boy, Girl, or Multi-winners choice.
To Enter all you have to do is go to Safety Tat and tell me which you would choose. This must be done for any of your bonus entries to count, comments such as pick me or i want to win will be removed.
Bonus entries please make sure you post a separate comment for each thing, and if it says you get two entries make sure you leave two comments:
1. Follow my blog publicly using google friend and leave me a comment that you did.
2. Follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway. Leave me a comment with your twitter name and a link to your tweet. (button is on the left hand side under Communicate with me)
3. Subscribe to my blogs email updates and leave a comment here telling me you do. You must verify the subscription and i will check.
4. Take my Jabbering Jessi button and put it on your blog.
5. Blog this giveaway and link it back here to me and Safety Tat. Leave a comment with link to blog entry. To make it easier you can copy and paste the following – 10 extra entries (leave 10 seperate comments):
6. Become a fan of Jabbering Jessi on Facebook and leave a comment that you did. (button is on the left hand side under Communicate with me)
7. If you left a comment here that you had my Back 2 Blogging bash button BEFORE the giveaway started on Sept 1st please leave comment here for one extra entry.
8. If you left a comment here that you were following my blog BEFORE the giveaway started on Sept 1st then give yourself an additional entry (on top of the one you got in bonus entry # 1) please leave a comment here.
This giveaway will end on October 9th at 11:59 PM ESTat which time i will use random.org to draw for a winner. Please make sure your email address is visible in your profile, no email address no win as I have to be able to contact you. All winners will be notified by October 11th and will have 36 hours to respond to me before I choose a new winner. Contest is open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike. WORLDWIDE.