I got this recipe as part of my relationship with Kraft, I hope you all enjoy it. By the way, you can still enjoy these buckle cakes even if you’re on a weight loss diet!
|Blueberry Buckle Cakes||
- 1-1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
- 1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix: 1 cup flour, baking powder and soda. Beat 1/2 cup softened butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Stir in berries (batter will be thick). Spread onto bottoms of 8 (5-oz.) ramekins.
- Combine: remaining flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in 1/4 cup cold butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts; sprinkle over batter. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- Bake: 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature topped with COOL WHIP.
- Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Substitute: Prepare using PLANTERS Pecans.