I am so excited to tell you that due to my relationship with Blog Friendly PR my entire family was invited to attend the 41st annual Bob Evans Farm Festival being hosted at the Bob Evan’s Homestead from October 14-16 in Ohio. The cost of admission into the farm festival is $5 for adults, $3 for kids ages 6-18, FREE for kids 5 and under. I have done a ton of research on this to ensure that my family will all be thrilled with the trip and I have to say that I think the kids will be beyond entertained from everything I have seen.
The Bob Evans Farm Festival is quite a large event with more than 30,000 visitors from 19 states for a weekend of arts & crafts, entertainment and – of course – delicious food
This year also marks a very special unveiling of the Farm’s recent renovations. Changes scheduled to be completed before the opening bell of this year’s festival include:
- The renovation of the existing Quilt Barn to a flexible space that can host receptions, meetings and other events – all with the option of delicious Bob Evans catering.
- An enhanced entry to the Homestead museum
- Preservation and relocation of the historic Adamsville log cabin village closer to the Homestead and more visible to guests.
- The unveiling of the renovated Union Stockyards & Transit Authority Sign, a unique piece of livestock memorabilia purchased by Bob Evans more than 40 years ago.
- The resurfacing, grading and overall improvements to the Farm Festival field, which will help prevent flooding and improve accessibility and overall experience.
- The complete rebuilding of the first Bob Evans Restaurant in existence, Restaurant #1, which sits on the Farm’s property.
From my research I have been able to find that the Bob Evans Farm Festival provides entertaining attractions and interactive activities for the kids to participate in including musical entertainment, farm demonstrations, interactive barnyard, splatter painting, hay bale maze and so much more.
In addition to the original Bob Evans Restaurant and food tent on site, the Bob Evans Farm Festival offers traditional fare including bean soup and corn bread, kettle corn, pies, apple dumplings, ice cream and Ohio-made cheeses and trail bologna, as well as other treats.
All in all I think this is going to be one fantastic weekend and although it will be an 11+ hour drive for me and my family we are really looking forward to the family vacation.
When asked what they were looking forward to most the kids each had an answer for me. Holden said horseys because he doesn’t really know any better and saw a picture of them lol. Maddisyn is looking forward to the corn pile she said it would be fun, Chase is looking forward to seeing the Border Collie demonstrations and Blake is excited for it all and really had no specific answer but he did tell me he is excited to meet the Bob Evans media rep I have been working with because she and him share the exact same name first and last. He told me it would “be like meeting the girl version of him” I almost died laughing when he told me that.
I wrote this post in correspondence with my upcoming trip to the Bob Evans Farm Festival due to my relationship with Blog Friendly PR. My travel and accommodation fees will be covered for attendance to this event. No other monetary compensation was provided and the thoughts and opinions within this post are my own.