It’s the most WONDERFULLLLLLLLLL time of the year!!! I know that you are singing this right now haha. No it is not Christmas but it is back to school time. I love the joy of sending the kids back to school and the joy I see on the kids faces at the idea of going back to school and seeing all their friends they have missed throughout the summer etc. What I do not like is how stressful back to school shopping can be especially with 3 kids in school. Chase is heading into grade 8, Blake into grade 7 and Maddisyn into sr Kindergarten, wow my babies are all growing up so quickly. I am an online shopper for so many reasons but the main one is I am not a fan of the crowds so the more I can order online the better for me, and with Visa it makes it that much easier to order online and I can do it in my pajamas. What really hits hard though on the pocket book is the cost of supplies.
I learned recently that according to a July 2012 survey of Canadian online shoppers commissioned by Visa Canada for back-to-school, Canadian consumers are expected to spend just under $700 ($677) on a variety of back-to-school items, but what’s really cool is that 72 per cent of Canadian shoppers plan to take their shopping online.
The Visa survey had some really interesting facts that I honestly was not aware of.
- Canadians plan to keep the majority of their online spend within Canadian borders (72 per cent) compared to 83 per cent in-store purchases.
- Clothing is considered the most important item when getting ready for the new school year (43 per cent), with books trailing behind (26 per cent) and computers and computer-related items at 17 per cent.
- Prairie residents plan to spend the most online ($316) with 68 per cent of their shopping to be made at Canadian online retailers.
- Canadians are also willing to spend proportionately more ($500+) on electronics including computers, software, tablets and Smartphones.
- The majority of Canadians do all of their online shopping from a personal computer (53 per cent) while 4 per cent do their online shopping from a Smartphone and/or tablet.
We did a lot of our back to school shopping online, as much as possible anyhow. Curious as to how much we really need for back to school well here is a picture of our insane shopping. This is just a start we still need to add some more shoes for kids and another backpack.
Although we are not completely prepared yet for back to school thanks to Visa and a lot of bargain shopping we certainly have a very large start to it. Have you got started yet with your back-to-school shopping? Visa wants to help you get going by offering this awesome giveaway. If your shopping online be sure to visit Visaperks.ca where you can find coupons and offers from a number of online retailers.
This post was brought to you by our friends at Visa. I received a gift card to complete this posting, all opinions expressed are my own.