- Drain maraschino cherries (with stems) on paper towels
- Meanwhile, make base recipe for OREO Cookie Balls or Chocolate-Orange Cookie Balls (see below for this recipe), substituting brandy or cherry flavored brandy for the orange flavored liqueur. (For a non-alcoholic version, substitute maraschino cherry juice for the orange-flavored liqueur.)
- Pat cherries dry. Completely cover each cherry with cookie base, using about 1 Tbsp. base for each cherry.
- Melt BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate as directed on package.
- Dip cherries, 1 at a time, in chocolate, turning to completely coat each cherry. Place on waxed paper-covered plate.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Chocolate-Orange Cookie Balls
Prep Time: 30 min. plus refrigerating | Makes: 3 doz. or 36 servings, 1 cookie ball each.
What You Need
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) FAMOUS Chocolate Wafers, finely crushed
- 1 Tbsp. orange-flavored liqueur or fresh orange juice
- 1-1/2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate (12 squares),
- melted Zest from 1 orange
MIX cream cheese, cookie crumbs and liqueur until well blended.
SHAPE into 36 (1-inch) balls. Dip in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Sprinkle lightly with zest.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
How to Store: Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
Substitute: Substitute 2 pkg. (6.17 oz. each) TERRY’S Orange Milk or Dark Chocolate for the BAKER’S Chocolate. To melt the chocolate, unwrap it then hit it on countertop to break into pieces; place in microwaveable bowl. Microwave milk chocolate on HIGH 1 min. (or dark chocolate on HIGH 1-1/2 min.) or until chocolate is completely melted, stirring halfway through the microwave time.
How to Make Cookie Crumbs: Crushing FAMOUS Chocolate Wafers is a cinch with a rolling pin and a resealable plastic food storage bag. Or, process the cookies in your food processor or blender.
How to Easily Dip Balls: To easily coat balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until chocolate is firm.
DISCLAIMER – I was provided no compensation for this post, but am an exclusive blogger with Kraft Foods. As such, I get to bring you up to the minute info from Kraft Foods! All information and videos or pictures provided by Kraft Foods