I have been having lots of fun with Old Wives tales to determine the gender of the baby.
PLEASE NOTE I WOULD NOT GO AND PAINT A ROOM OR BUY WARDROBE BASED ON THESE BUT HAVE HAD FUN DOING THEM.
1. I did the IntelliGender test today which you are supposed to mix a little urine with the test, swirl it around for 10 seconds then wait 5 minutes to read the results. I was going to be a good girl and waiting until the morning but my friend Cat from 3 Kids and Us convinced me that I should just do it now and not wait so I did. The initial time I looked and took pictures it was a little hard to determine but I posted it on my facebook. The experts (Cat and my other friend Shannon insisted I took another picture in natural light). When I held it up to light it was no doubt orange but taking a picture turned out to be a challenge. Finally we figured out if I hold it over the light that we could get true color. Below are the two sets of pictures I took the first was the one I took on the table the second was the one took in the light.
2. The next thing I did was took an online gender quiz on Justmommies.com that showed I was having a girl. there are many tests/sites out there but Cat had used this one in her The results are in! post when she was expecting her third child and so I went with that one too.
3. The rate of Heartbeat was my next test. They say anything over 140+ is a girl and anything under 140 indicates boy. I have a doppler here at home and all the time I listen it is high like 165 or so which indicates a girl.
4. The Chinese Gender Chart was my next stop on the old wives tale train. This one is simple to do you look at the chart look at your age at conception, I was 29, then you look at your month of conception, mine was October and this comes up indicating girl.
5. The hair test came next. One of Cats readers told her about this test and then she shared it with me, it was the weirdest thing and multiple people tried it with their kids after I posted about it on Facebook and it was right for them. How to do it you look at the kids hair at their neckline. If it is straight across then the next child will be the same sex. If it comes to a point at all then the next one will be the opposite gender. My kids went like this as I checked them all out. Chase was straight across, my next was a boy Blake his is a point and next was a girl, Maddisyns is a point and next was a boy, Holdens is point so I guess that means girl?
6. The last test we did was a cabbage test. My friend Laurie told me about this cabbage test you do with a red cabbage. You cut it into chunks, boil some water and pour it over the cabbage chunks to cover them. Let it sit for 10 minutes then drain the cabbage making sure to KEEP THE WATER!!! The water should be a blueish color. Then you go ahead and pee in a cup, mix equal parts of urine and the cabbage water together If the urine/water turns pink/red its a boy! If it turns purple its a girl! I went ahead and did this and took some pics here they are to me the color indicates that it is purple and a girl but you can use your judgement on that one.
So I have done quite a few old wives tales and they all indicate girl. I go for my actual gender ultrasound on the 30th so we will see then if these were right or not. As much as I would love a little girl so that Maddisyn has a sister I will love the baby no matter the gender.
As I stated at the beginning I do not think these are anything to go paint a room or buy a wardrobe over but I had lots of fun with my friends today putting all these things to the test.
P.S. Don’t worry I threw the glasses out after we used them haha. Well after the kids had some science experiments with the leftover cabbage water.