Maddy loves to play with all her dolls and carry them around with her everywhere. She has never really had one that she chose over all the other ones until she received the Hearts for Hearts Girls doll Tipi from Laos. Tipi stands 14 inches tall, as do all the other Hearts for Hearts Girls and has a completely poseable vinyl body (perfect for wiping clean) and rooted hair. Maddisyn loves to brush her hair out, put it in pony tails and get her all dressed up. When we are going out we generally have to give Maddy a warning otherwise it results in meltdowns because Tipi is not pretty. We also received an extra outfit that allows Maddisyn to dress Tipi up. Each of the Hearts for Hearts Girls have extra clothing you can purchase for them. We did not receive the outft that represented Tipis home country but rather the outfit matched Nahji from India which is fine with Maddisyn because it is super cute anyhow.
Tipi is based on a real girl who shares her art and storytelling with others through dancing, drawing, and puppetry, Tipi leads her school in a mural contest in hopes of winning much-needed books for her class.
Tipi comes dressed in a charming pale green tee with embroidered detail in bright aqua, and whimsical plaid cropped pants with flower appliqué and lace-edged pocket.
- Woven friendship bracelet
- Bright bangle bracelets
- Silvery flower earrings with pink crystal centers
- Fun aqua flip-flops
- Pink hair elastic
- Doll-sized hair comb with hair elastic
- Girl-sized H4HG power bracelet
- Beautiful mini storybook about Tipi’s
Tipi spends most of her days in her extra outfit that came in our package. I do intend on buying Maddisyn more of the outfits for Christmas this year since she seems to love dressing Tipi up so much.
The Hearts for Hearts girls each come from a different spot around the world which you can see in the picture below it shows the dolls name and where they are from. I think the Hearts for Hearts Girls are an amazing idea for girls to open them up to other cultures and people because we were able to talk to Maddy more about India and have looked some age appropriate stuff up online to help her find out more.
Meet the six Hearts For Hearts Girls:
- Meet Consuelo from Mexico City. Colorful and warm, Consuelo provides aid to hungry children who are homeless and live on the streets near her parents’ bakery.
- Meet Lilian of Belarus. Determined Lilian provides aid to girls whose parents must find work in the big city and are forced to leave their children with orphanages.
- Meet Dell from the heart of Kentucky’s Appalachian Mountains. Dell creates music and knitwear to share with others in need of warm clothing.
- Meet Rahel of Ethiopia. Rahel, who dreams of becoming a doctor so that she can make a real difference for people in her region, journeys with her family into the wilderness of Ethiopia to help bring back aid to her community.
- Meet Tipi from Laos. Based on a real girl who shares her art and storytelling with others through dancing, drawing, and puppetry, Tipi leads her school in a mural contest in hopes of winning much-needed books for her class.
- Meet Nahji who hails from Assam, India. Brave Nahji breaks tradition to bring courage and education to the girls who work in the tea fields of India.
Disclosure: The Hearts For Hearts Girls doll, and information have been provided by Playmates Toys through MyBlogSpark.