I get so tired of the same hum drum stuff for supper. My friend Jen told me about these pulled pork sandwiches that she makes and I decided to make them. They turned out delicious and I wanted to share the recipe with you all. The great thing about is your family can dress it however they want to. I had miracle whip and cheese on mine. Chase had mustard, cheese and miracle whip. Blake had ketchup and Lee had a brown sugar bbq sauce and cheese on it. I had intended on melting cheddar cheese but I forgot to pick some up so I shredded the mozzarella cheese and we just sprinkled that on.
|Pulled Pork Sandwiches||
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2.5 tbsp pepper
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- Pork Roast
- 1 Can of Beer, any brand
- Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne and garlic powder in a bowl, this makes more then what you need you can just store the rest in a ziploc baggie or a jar.
- Rub the roast with the rub you just made, make sure you cover all sides of it.
- Place it in a large zip lock baggie and put in the fridge overnight.
- Place the roast in your slow cooker before you go to bed (after it has been in the fridge overnight already).
- Pour the beer into the slow cooker so it goes about 1 inch up the side of the roast.
- Allow to cook for 18 hours or so on a low heat setting.
- Shred and serve.