As a family we sometimes enjoy going for bike rides in the evening during the summer, I have a double bike trailer that we use for the 2 little ones. Sometimes though Maddy likes to ride her tricycle or her little scooter and then the bike trailer isn’t always practical for just Holden.
That’s why I like the Kangaroo Center-Mounted Child carrier from WeeRide. It sits right in front of you mounted over the cross bar of your bike so you can always see whats going on as opposed to the carriers that mount behind you and you have no idea whats going on back there.
Lee was able to install the kangaroo fairly quickly on his bike it has a clamp on the front and that back that go around the seat post and the handlebar post then just tighten up the screws with the supplied allen wrench. We found that it was a little bit hard but did not take long overall. Lee finished installing it but then it rained or we were super busy doing renovations on the house so we just started using recently but Holden loves it. He sits there and loves to see where he’s going.
Some great features of the new carrier are,
– Adjustable foot cups, gives your little one a place to put their feet and no worry of them being in the way while pedaling
– Enhanced Safety over rear mounted designs as your arms/body are around the child fro better protection if you happen to fall or crash.
– Does not throw off the balance of the bike but better improves it.
– Easy removable carrier for alone rides
– Additional mounting bars are available so it can easily be swapped between bikes
The weather is starting to turn cold now so rides are becoming less and less. I really hope Holden isn’t too big for this carrier next year. I wish I had taken a picture or video of him riding but when everyone is ready time is lacking. I will do my best to get a picture taken in the next few days and will update this post with one.
WeeRide is going to give one of my readers the Kangaroo carrier.